AusJourney’s position during COVID-19
Given the current situation relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Australia and across the world, we wanted to provide you with an update about the status and precautionary measures we are taking as an organisation in relation to our Adventurous Journeys.
We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will continue to provide updates to you as appropriate. Our approach is to manage the situation in a balanced, calm and measured way, and when required act swiftly and communicate clearly.
At this stage, AusJourney is closed for business, however are planning to be open and operational for the Term 3 September/October holidays, pending compliance with Australian and New South Wales health advice and legislation. We have updated our website with the new dates and are actively working with National Parks and other stakeholders to confirm delivery locations. In the interim and because spots are filling fast, we encourage you to secure your Adventurous Journey by purchasing your next Bronze, Silver or Gold as soon as possible.
For these upcoming Adventurous Journeys, AusJourney:
- requests all parents, guardians, caregivers and award leaders ensure they do not send any participant/s or accompany teacher/adults who have been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 onto any of our Adventurous Journeys, if they are within their 14 days isolation period;
- requests all parents, guardians, caregivers and award leaders ensure they do not send any participant/s or accompany teacher/adults with COVID-19, cold or flu-like symptoms onto any of our Adventurous Journeys. If you are unsure of the symptoms of COVID-19, please see the Department of Health’s website;
- has developed COVID-19 Risk Management Procedures, including:
- the amendment of our First Aid Guidelines as per the Department of Health’s Guidelines for Paramedics and First Responders to manage any suspected viral infection;
- the amendment of our Medical Declaration Form;
- social distancing whilst on Adventurous Journeys, including; hiking groups, number of participants to a tent/bivvie, selection of appropriate icebreakers, games and team initiatives; and
- hygiene, cleaning and cooking procedures.
- has developed and internally communicated our COVID-19 Staff Guidelines. This will ensure no Instructor is placed in front of a client if they have been exposed or diagnosed with COVID-19, or are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms; and
- will ensure all Instructors have completed the Department of Health’s COVID-19 Infection Control Training which covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control of the virus.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss any of the above or would like to know more about our COVID-19 response.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0480 270 314.